Scout Active Support is a way for adults to volunteer time to Scouting in a flexible way that suits them.
At the 28th, our Active Support Unit (ASU) is for parents, former leaders, supporters or those who simply want to help out but can’t commit to a weekly meeting with one of our sections.
ASU members can commit to as much or as little as they want. This can be anything from helping the Beavers when they’re low on leaders to being a trained archery instructor to help us run activities!
In a brief, informal conversation, ASU members will agree what aspects of Scouting they’re keen to get involved in, this could include:
- Skills Instructors (We’ll provide the training for volunteers to be trained in Archery, Climbing, Water sports …)
- Supporting leaders when they’re short-handed
- Delivering specific skills (First Aid, Coding, Bushcraft …)
- Supporting young people at events (days out, hikes, camps, expeditions …)
- Something else! Each ASU member will have a different interests – sometimes it’ll just make sense to join the ASU and get a PVG with The Scouts because of the little bits you do for the group here and there