Who are Cubs?
Cubs are young people aged 8 to 10½ who:
- Master new skills and try new things
- Have fun and go on adventures
- Make friends
- Are curious about the world around them
- Help others and make a difference, in their own communities and beyond
Every week, they gather in groups called Cub Packs to take part in lots of interesting and challenging activities – achieving anything they set their minds to, and having lots of fun along the way.
What uniform do Cubs wear?
Cub uniform consists of a green sweatshirt with your badges sewn on and the 28th ‘neckie’ to represent our local group. There are lots of other optional accessories you can wear such as hats, hoodies, navy blue trousers or shorts, if you’d like to.
When do Cubs meet?
We have two Cub packs.
They meet on Tuesdays from 19:00 – 20:30 and Wednesdays from 19:00 – 20:30.
Joining us soon?
If your child is due to join Cubs soon, welcome!
We’ve compiled all the information you should need, including how to use Online Scout Manager, on a handy page:
Will you be our next Cubs volunteer?
Volunteering’s not just about giving back – the benefits go both ways. All of our activities are run by amazing volunteers. Volunteering lets you try new things, meet new people, and make a difference.
Completing awards challenges you to do more, learn more and be more. See what’s on offer and start your journey to the top.
Latest Cubs news
- Fundraising Club WinnersThe Giffnock Scouts Fundraising Club helps to support the provision of an exciting and varied programme of Scouting activities for current and future generations of young people in Giffnock.
- Nearly New & Book SaleWe’re looking forward to welcoming our community back to our annual Sale (and tearoom!) in November.
- Introducing our new Lead VolunteerWe’re delighted to welcome Hetty to her new role and would like to thank Iain for all his efforts as he stands down.