Interested in this vacancy?
Please get in touch.
Contact: Hetty (Lead Volunteer)
Help maximise the potential of our impact
Behind every decision regarding upkeep of the hall, safety, fundraising activities, and managing our finances are our brilliant team of trustees.
Our trustees are collectively responsible for ensuring our group are following the rules, managing our finances, looking after the hall, and operating safely.
Tasks can vary from decisions on spending, to some more practical in nature. Everything that trustees do is to ensure that the Group can provide an excellent Scout programme for our young people both now and in the future.
Nobody’s expected to do everything right away. We’ll provide you with training and support to ease your transition into the role.
Being a trustee in Scouts is all about making a positive contribution to the work of the committee. Our board of trustees work closely together so you’ll never be left to doing it all on your own.
Tasks can vary throughout the year, but a general list of responsibilities is provided below:
- To be a full and active participant in trustee board meetings and activities
- To uphold the responsibilities of a trustee board as outlined in the scout’s rules
- A commitment to understanding and forming opinions on the key discussion points and responsibilities of board
- Willingness to lend a hand with fundraising activities (including our annual Jumble Sale)
The benefits go both ways!
Volunteering can be a brilliant way to boost your mental wellbeing. It’s a great feeling knowing you’re helping young people get skills for life, and you might even learn a lot about yourself along the way.
You don’t need to have ever been a scout before – and there’s no “right” way to volunteer.
We promote flexible volunteering. Your time and skills can make a difference in so many ways.
Our entire group is run by volunteers who join us because they want to:
- Try something new
- Make friends
- Spend time with their children – or gain experience with young people
- Do something good for their community and themselves
- Keep their bodies and brains active and happy – whether that’s by scaling mountains, sharing skills on our trustee board
Support at every step of the way
Volunteers are the heart of the Scouts and we want you to get every bit as much out of it as you put in. Our current board of trustees and Group Scout Leader team will be more than happy to provide as much or as little support as you like in the transition period.
In the first few months of your role, you’ll complete e-learning modules (whenever it suits you best) that’ll bring you up to speed on the fundamentals of scouting, safety, safeguarding, and an introduction to being a trustee.
Express interest by leaving your details below
Thank you for expressing interest in this key role at the 28th.
By leaving your details, you’re not committing to volunteering. We’ll make sure to have an informal chat about what the role contains and answer any questions you may have before taking it any further.