We don’t need superheroes… and you don’t have to be Bear Grylls!
We just need some enthusiastic adults to come along and help our young people have fun and learn skills for life. At this time we’re particularly looking for help on Thursday evenings, but would love to hear from you even if it’s only weekends that you can help!
Working in teams, leaders:
- Welcome young people and families to sessions and events
- Make sure everyone’s safe, supported, included and having fun
- Help to plan and lead activities
- Get involved with days out, camps and expeditions
- Share and learn skills – from coding to cake decorating to canoeing
- Celebrate young people’s achievements big and small
No previous experience with young people? No problem. Whether you’d like to help out week-after-week or whenever-you-can, we provide training, learning opportunities and cups of tea – every step of the way.
Support at every step of the way
Nobody’s expected to do everything right away. We’ll provide you with training and support (everything from the rules of chaos tig to how we plan nights away adventures) to ease your transition into the role.
We’d love to answer any questions you have and tell you more about the role. Please either leave your contact details on our website, speak to a Section Leader, or get in touch with Iain, Andy, or James (our Group Scout Leader team).